Friday, August 22, 2008

Update...

This has been an extremely busy summer, and I haven't had much time to post about what I have been up to, so I thought I would try to catch up. I'm still only remembering to document about one out of every five jobs I am doing. I really need to get better at that!
I finally received the letterpressed business cards that I ordered, and am so happy with how they turned out. Now I finally have something to hand people when they inquire about my work!
One of the larger jobs of the summer....more than a thousand envelopes for a huge Bat Mitzvah in Oklahoma.
The ever-popular request of white on chocolate brown, for a bride in New York.
One of many sample packs I sent out this summer- one of my favorite things to assemble...
One of two baby sock elephants I made this summer...both for my sweetie pie newborn twin nephews! They were inspired by a pattern in this lovely Japanese book, which Nick sweetly gave me several months ago.
This was the first sewing I had done in about a year, and it felt so great to create something. It inspired me to drag out a bunch of unfinished projects and put them in reach for when I have a spare minute. Hasn't happened yet, but hopefully soon! Now that Nick is back into the swing of teaching all day, perhaps I'll be able to wring a few more minutes out of each day...

5 comments:

Lis Richards said...

Betsy, we had such a great time together!!! It was great! We should get together more often.
I am very proud of you updating your blog, and the sock elephant is totally new for me. Very cute!

B Dunlap said...

Thanks, Lis! I had a great time, too! Let's do it again soon.

Kate said...

Hey! That's my sample pack! How funny! I LOVE IT! I actually have it hanging up on my board in the kitchen just so I can look at it every day. Can't wait to work with you!

Actually I was going to take some pictures of it and post it on my blog, I hope you don't mind!

Kate said...

Oh and I wanted to say that I love your business cards! Who printed them? They're beautiful!

B Dunlap said...

Hey Kate! Looking forward to working with you, too! Jim Irwin from Letterpress Finesse in Tucson printed the cards. And no, I don't mind at all if you post photos of my work on your blog!